Rosemary, Thyme and Scots Pine Essential Oils for Back and Knee Pain
Here are a few reasons why Thyme, Scots Pine, and Rosemary essential oils can be beneficial in a natural cream for back and knee pain relief and healing:
- Thyme oil: Antioxidant activity is at the root of anti-inflammatory action and thyme oil is one of the most potent antioxidants among essential oils. The main active compounds in thyme oil, thymol and carvacrol, inhibit inflammatory responses which can help reduce pain and swelling. See Adorjan and Buchbauer 2010. Thymol's anti inflammatory action has been recognized for some time (Azuma et al. 1986; Wechsler et al. 2014). Thyme oil can help treat muscle and joint pain when applied topically.
- Scots Pine oil has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and pain-relieving effects similar to thyme oil. It contains pinene, limonene, and other terpenes that help reduce inflammation. Scots pine oil can help relieve muscle and joint aches.
- Rosemary oil boosts circulation which can help reduce inflammation and deliver nutrients to damaged tissues to promote healing. It also has antispasmodic, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory effects that make it useful for treating muscle and joint pain. Rosemary has been shown to alleviate arthritic pain in rats (Martinez et al. (2009)). Borges et al (2019) published a study that suggests that discusses the anti-inflammatory activity of Rosemary essential oil.Synergy where 1=1 is More than 2!
- Using these three oils together creates a synergistic effect where the combined benefits are greater than any one oil on its own. The anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and analgesic effects complement each other to provide enhanced pain relief and healing.
- Thyme, Scots pine, and Rosemary contain antioxidants that can help reduce oxidative damage and promote tissue repair. This can accelerate healing in muscles, joints, and connective tissues.
- These oils also increase blood flow when applied topically which can reduce stiffness and promote delivery of nutrients and oxygen to damaged sites to hasten healing. Improved circulation can help clear out inflammatory metabolites as well.
So in summary, combining Thyme, Scots Pine, and Rosemary essential oils allows you to take advantage of their overlapping therapeutic actions to create an effective natural topical treatment for relieving back and knee pain while also promoting healing of damaged muscles, joints, and connective tissues. The synergy between these oils enhances their individual benefits.Why Choose TerraCure Creams
All of TerraCure's natural treatment creams contain the essential oils Rosemary, Thyme and Pine along with healing Dead Sea minerals. These three powerful essential oils form the base for the creams, while each individual cream contains additional essential oils which enhance the cream's functionality. For example, Red Rub contains the three basic essential oils with the addition of Ginger, Cajeput, Tea Tree, Grapefruit and Juniper Berry, which all have anagelsic properties. Most of these oils are also warming, which makes them ideal for cold weather pains. Grapefruit also has analgesic properties along with it's ability to enhance skin penetration. This makes Grapefruit an ideal essential oil to combine with others.
Orange Ointment is a TerraCure cream which has Thyme, Pine and Rosemary as it's base. The oils we added in to this cream are citrus oils: Mandarin, Lemon, Grapefruit and Lemongrass (not really a citrus oil but has a citrus-y scent). These oils help to increase circulation and are also anti-inflammatory and analgesic. In addition, the citrus oils have been shown to help reduce stress and induce a feeling of calm when inhaled.
TerraCure's Blue Balm is a superb sports balm which increases muscle spasm stress and increases endurance. It is also based on the three basic essential oils – Rosemary, Thyme and Pine but has Lavender and Peppermint oils added. These two added oils are super powerful and synergistic when it comes to pain relief!
Now you understand how different essential oils complement each other and why we put Thyme, Rosemary and Scots Pine oil in each one of TerraCure's treatment creams for back and joint pain. These three oils work wonders on their own but when combined with other healing oils that have so many healing properties and also with powerful Dead Sea minerals (known for their benefits from time immortal), you wind up with creams that truly help the body heal itself.